There

Image result for there marie louise fitzpatrick

There‘ is an imaginative picture book written and illustrated gorgeously by Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick. It tells the story of a little girl who ponders what the future holds for her.

“When will I get there? How will I know?” she thought. “Would there be a sign that says here, is there? Will it take long to get there? ‘Till tomorrow, next week, or even next year?”

“Will I be really big, and be sensible? What colour will the sunflowers or the blueberries be? Will I know all the secrets, how to count the stars or fix broken stuff? Will everyone be going there? Can I change my mind and go somewhere else?” And finally, she says, “I can’t go today, I’ve got lots to do. But I’ll go tomorrow. Definitely.”

This story reminds me of a few things in my own life. First of all, I’ve always wondered what I would be doing in 10 years, 15 years, or 30 years. Will I be famous or will I be unknown? Will I be in the high, middle, or low class? What will I be doing as a job?Number two, I connect this to the textbooks I read in school. Education is what can help me be more successful in the future, so although I won’t know what I’ll be doing, I have a higher chance of being financially stable. Finally, I think the future of a person’s life is something everyone probably thinks about once in a while, because it’s practically impossible to predict, especially for children.

To sum it up, this book was somewhat confusing at first, but tells the curious story of the a child’s future life.